Thursday, March 19, 2009

Llego la Abuelita!

My mom arrived today to help us take care of Isaiah and Hawthorne for the next few weeks while my feet are healing from surgery. I am suppose to be at the hospital at 6 a.m. tomorrow morning for a 7:00 a.m. start time. For any who may not know, I have had plantar fasciitis for a few years now and it got to the point where it needed to be resolved. So, now it will be, tomorrow.

I will receive general anesthesia which means poor Isaiah is going to have to take a bottle for 2 days...and that is with my intention of not taking any painkillers afterward. So, I think we are going to have an interesting week to come. I really hope he does okay. Everyone keeps telling me that he will eat when he gets hungry enough, even if it is out of a bottle. He is eating some solids now too, so hopefully that will help. I just worry about him being confused and sad. Poor little shnookies.

That is my main concern right now. I probably should be more nervous about all of this, but I am really happy to be on my way to running half-marathons; I have no desire to run a full. I'll leave those to the tall and lean. But basketball and tennis all summer, here I come!

No comments: